Why do you need a Uni-Account?
If you want to use the services offered by any provider it is necessary that this provider knows you, i.e. that you have previously registered yourself as a "customer".
The same applies to the computer centre and other institutions of Freiburg University, which are providing a big variety of services.
Therefore, a personal "customer account" is maintained at the computer centre for each user, the so-called Uni-Account. This account holds all your personal and/or technically relevant data in one data record and is referred to by a unique name (user identification or user ID, sometimes also called user name)
Your personal and/or technical data comprise e.g.
- account name, a unique name of the data record
- first name and last name
- title and/or credentials
- personal category, e.g. student, employee, external person
- e-mail addresses and telephone or fax numbers
- account status (e.g. active or blocked)
- name of your school or institution, depending on your personal category
- term of validity
- services used
- encrypted and non-decryptable password
- data needed for maintenance of your directory at the assigned data pool
Students automatically receive a Uni-Account when they enrol at the University.
Employees of the University apply for their account online in the Internet using myAccount (cf. below) or from the secretary of the user service:
What is myAccount?
The web-interface myAccount was created to provide account holders as well as maintenance personnel with an easy-to-use tool for accessing the account data.
myAccount can be accessed worldwide via internet
- to register yourself as a new user getting a new Uni-Account (for employees)
- to maintain your existing Uni-Account, e.g. change the password (for existing users)
- to maintain your personal or professional e-mail addresses
- to add your address to public mailing lists of university institutions
- to manage central data backup via the internet
- to view your data in the record
- to deposit money in your printer account (students and external people)
- and much more
myAccount can be accessed under the following web address:
Contact the myAccount administration via: